Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, stop smoking prior to the day of surgery. You will breath better under anesthesia if you have not consumed cigarette smoke.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office and staff.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Zambrano prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- In general, but NOT all cases if you are taking more than 5 medications a consult only will be your first appointment in our office